Blog #3

Poor example of classroom rules-
The reason that I chose these classroom rules as an example of poor classroom rules is because the list is way too long in my opnion, we have learned that classroom rules should be pretty short and not too specfic. This list of rules is pretty long to have in an elementary school classroom and they are very specific examples such as "Don't eat candy". This rule is way too specific and I dont think it needed to be included in the clasroom ruless. These rules could use some revisions and some rules on the list could be taken off. Good example of classroom rules-
I chose this set of classroom rules as a good example of classroom rules because the list of rules isnt too long and overwhelming for students. I also think that the language of these rules are very student friendly and I like how it is colorful and fun rather than just a black and white list of rules. This set of rules seems much less intimidating then other rule sheets I have seen before. Rules I would use-
This set of rules is a great example of classroom rules in my opinion and is a set of rules that I would see myself using in the future in my classroom. What I loved about these rules is that all of the rules started with "We" to help make it an inclusive and welcoming environment. I also really liked how it was a short list of rules and they were not too specific. The one thing that they included that stood out to me was that these rules included "have fun" I think this is so important and a great way to show classroom rules to the students but not make it too intimidating for the kids.

Comments

  1. Celynne, thank you for sharing your thoughts! I can see at a first glance why that set of rules isn't very good. It is so long (20 for students to remember!?) and it's not very nice to look at either. If I was a young student I would probably never pay attention to them. I really like you set of good classroom rules. They are short and sweet and some of the most important things for students to remember. Thank you for sharing and great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #2

Blog #1